In line with current government and Diocesan guidelines, we are excited to be able to open St James’ Church for public worship services once again.
However, this is NOT “Business as Usual” as we
wish to take things slowly and carefully.
Therefore, the format of the service will NOT be the same as we are used
It is clear that the Worship Sheets circulated each week by email and available on this website have proved popular so these will continue. In addition:
- The Worship Sheets will form the basis of the Church service
- A printed copy will be made available at the entrance
- The pre-recorded reflection will continue to be available online
- Hymns will be projected on screen but no singing is allowed
- At this stage, neither welcomers nor sidespeople are required to help run the service
- Zoom Church prayer meetings will take place once a week on a Wednesday evening from August onwards
Regretfully, there are a number of conditions and recommendations to follow in order to adhere to the government and Church of England guidelines. These are in place for your safety. Please read and note these carefully.
- Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 should not attend
- Anyone self-isolating should not attend
- Anyone currently “shielding” should not attend
- Social distancing should be maintained (2 metres)
- The wearing of a face mask is compulsory
- Singing is not allowed
- There should be no social interaction within the building except within household groups
- Please minimise touching people and other objects
- Please do not switch seats once you are seated
- Please sanitise your hands when entering Church
- Refreshment facilities will not be available
- The Children’s area will not be available
- Toilet facilities will not be available – except for emergencies
- A temporary record (21 days) will be kept of attendees to comply with “Test and Trace”
The current Sunday Service Online will still be produced and can be found here or you will continue to receive it via email if you are on the mailing list.
- Lulworth Road
- PR8 2BQ