In line with current government and Diocesan guidelines, we are continuing to work towards opening St James’ Church for a service on Sunday July 5th at 10:30am.
However, this is NOT “Business as Usual” as we
wish to take things slowly and carefully.
Therefore, the format of the service will NOT be the same as we are used
It is clear that the Worship Sheets circulated each week by email and available on this website have proved popular so these will continue. In addition:
- The Worship Sheets will form the basis of the Church service
- A printed copy will be made available at the entrance
- The pre-recorded reflection will continue to be available online
- Hymns will be projected on screen but no singing is allowed
- At this stage, neither welcomers nor sidespeople are required to help run the service
- The future frequency of the Zoom Church sessions are under review
Communion services pose a different set of challenges. At this stage it is unlikely that there will be a Communion service on the first Wednesday of July and a decision has yet to be made regarding the one people may have expected for Sunday July 12th.
Regretfully, there are a number of conditions and recommendations to follow in order to adhere to the government and Church of England guidelines. These are in place for your safety. Please read and note these carefully.
- Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 should not attend
- Anyone self-isolating should not attend
- Anyone currently “shielding” should not attend
- Social distancing should be maintained (2 metres)
- Singing is not allowed
- There should be no social interaction within the building except within household groups
- Please minimise touching people and other objects
- Please do not switch seats once you are seated
- Please sanitise your hands when entering Church
- Face masks may be worn
- Refreshment facilities will not be available
- The Children’s area will not be available
- Toilet facilities will not be available – except for emergencies
- A temporary record (21 days) will be kept of attendees to comply with “Test and Trace”
The current Sunday Service Online will still be produced and can be found here or you will continue to receive it via email if you are on the mailing list.
- Lulworth Road
- PR8 2BQ